Title: Office Coordinator
Reports to: Rector, St. Dunstan’s Episcopal Church
Hours: 18 hours/week, during the day; exact hours can be negotiated. Days: Monday, Friday, and either Wednesday or Thursday. Some additional compensated hours may be necessary during peak church holiday seasons.
Compensation: $15 – $17/hour, depending on experience & qualifications
Status: Regular Part-time, Non-exempt
Under the supervision of the Rector, the Office Coordinator provides general office support to the parish, staff, congregation and committees, in order to support the ministries and mission of St. Dunstan’s Church. This work includes, but is not limited to: data and records management, phone and email support, supplies and inventory management, communications work, supporting church ministries and committees and collaborating with volunteers. The Office Coordinator will be a resource person for both members and non-members, and a welcoming and responsive presence in our church’s office.
Information Management (30%)
- Maintain parish records, including financial, membership, diocesan, sacramental, physical plant, and other operational data, keeping them up-to-date and accurate.
- Produce reports, directories, and other documents from parish records under the direction of the Rector, vestry, and committee leadership, on a timely basis.
- Coordinate the parish and building calendars to facilitate use by internal and authorized external groups.
- Produce and distribute weekly e-news in email and print versions.
- Maintain a functional system of communication with the parish, including developing our communications tools and strategy as needed.
- Assist with preparing and placing print ads, as directed.
- Assist with managing the church’s online presence (website and Facebook pages, online advertising, etc.).
Administrative Support (30%)
- Respond to requests for information and resources via email, telephone, and in-person visits.
- Provide administrative support to vestry or other committees, including: preparing meeting documents or posting minutes; making document copies; etc.
- Place orders for supplies and equipment as authorized.
- Coordinate with the bookkeeper to maintain parish financial records.
- Coordinate with vendors as delegated by Rector and Building & Grounds Committee.
- Produce rosters, correspondence, and other documents.
Liturgy Support (20%)
- Assist with proofing worship materials and bulletins as requested.
- Prepare flower donation sign-up sheets, lectionary and ministry schedules, and other supporting documents, sending reminders as scheduled.
- Provide assistance with tracking the church calendar and planning for church events, as needed.
- Schedule instrument maintenance for worship services.
Volunteer Support (20%)
- Assist in recruiting, coordinating and scheduling volunteers as needed, under direction of the Rector or committee leadership.
- Organize workflow and maintain a tidy and usable office environment so as to enable effective use of volunteers.
Note: This description is not intended to include all responsibilities, as additional duties may be assigned and existing duties may be adjusted at any time.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong writing and grammar skills, including proof-reading.
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, including calendaring, project coordination, and prioritization.
- Ability to effectively manage workload.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Familiarity with social media or willingness to learn.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times regarding persons and information.
- Knowledge of office etiquette and effective liaison skills.
- Basic knowledge of invoice and purchase order transactions, including basic book-keeping skills.
- Knowledge of supply procurement, including the ability to research vendor prices and negotiate costs.
- Willingness to accept and serve all who come to St. Dunstan’s.
- Minimum 3 years of office experience, including communications and record-keeping, is required.
- Associate’s degree in administration, office support, or related area, is desired.