St. Dunstan’s Episcopal Church in Madison, WI, seeks a Director of Music Ministry whose skill, enthusiasm, and collaborative spirit will help us develop the musical aspect of our worship and life as a faith community. Our Sunday worship is eclectic and lively, while deeply grounded in our traditions and patterns of liturgical and sacramental worship; we also strive to be intentionally inclusive of children and youth. We love to sing together, and have many members who are interested in sharing skills as vocal or instrumental musicians. We love the core music of our Episcopal tradition, both hymnody and choral anthems, but we also sing and enjoy music from other churches and traditions, including gospel, Taize, and “paperless” song.
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Proficiency at piano/keyboard
- Choral conducting, including from the keyboard
- Familiarity with liturgical worship
- Effective time management and communication
- Collaborative musical leadership for choir, children’s choir, and congregational singing
Skills and Knowledge Preferred:
- Organ skills
- Familiar with Episcopal hymnody and liturgical music
- Prior experience working in a faith-based setting
- Inviting and approachable demeanor toward staff and volunteers
- Encouraging and joyful, able to build excitement around our musical programming
- Collaborative and interested in helping develop our music ministry
- Flexible; willing to try new approaches
- Able to work with musicians of all ages and abilities
This is a part-time position, 12 hours/week, $12,000 – 14,000/year depending on education and experience. Position open until filled. All applicants are welcome, as we are an inclusive parish.
Send a cover letter or statement of interest, and your resume, to email@example.com . Questions? Call 608-298-7381.