JOB DESCRIPTION, effective 9/15/23
Title: Office Coordinator
Reports to: Rector, St. Dunstan’s Episcopal Church
Hours: 6 hours/week, during business hours. May work all one day (Thursday preferred) or split between two weekdays. Additional compensated hours may be negotiated for peak church holiday seasons or special projects.
Compensation: $18 – 20/hour, depending on experience and qualifications
Status: Regular Part-time, Non-exempt
Under the supervision of the Rector, the Office Coordinator provides general office support to the parish, staff, congregation and committees, in order to support the ministries and mission of St. Dunstan’s Church. This work includes, but is not limited to: phone and email support, preparing printed materials, communications work, records management, managing the building calendar, and assisting church volunteers. The Office Coordinator will be a resource person for both members and non-members, and a welcoming and responsive presence in our church’s office.
Information Management and Communications (50%)
- Manage the parish membership database, and produce directories and mailing lists as needed.
- Maintain other parish records, as asked, including financial, diocesan, sacramental, physical plant, and other operational data.
- Respond to requests for information and resources via email, telephone, and in-person visits.
- Coordinate the parish and building calendars to facilitate use by internal and authorized external groups.
- Produce and distribute weekly e-news in email and print versions.
- Assist with managing the church’s online presence (website and social media, online advertising, etc.).
Administrative Support (30%)
- Provide administrative support to vestry or other committees, including: preparing meeting documents or posting minutes; making document copies; etc.
- Maintain a tidy and usable office environment, so that the Treasurer and other volunteers can also use the office.
- Place orders for supplies and equipment as authorized, including potentially researching vendor prices and negotiating costs.
- Work with the Treasurer to ensure a smooth process for bill payment and financial record keeping.
- Coordinate with vendors and maintenance staff to address maintenance and repair needs.
- As directed, assist with setup and preparation for special events, and cleanup and re-setting afterwards (within usual hours)
- As directed and as other duties permit, assist with sorting and tidying projects.
- Produce correspondence and other documents, as needed.
- Collaborate with the Rector and committees for seasonal or special mailings.
Liturgy Support (20%)
- Assist with proofing worship materials and bulletins as requested.
- Prepare flower donation sign-up sheets, lectionary and ministry schedules, and other supporting documents.
- Send weekly reminders and needed materials to those scheduled to serve in worship.
- Provide assistance with tracking the church calendar and planning for church events, as needed.
- Schedule instrument maintenance for worship services, in collaboration with the Director of Music Ministry.
Note: This description is not intended to include all responsibilities, as additional duties may be assigned and existing duties may be adjusted at any time.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong writing and grammar skills, including proof-reading.
- Proficiency in word processing; familiarity with spreadsheet and database work.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, including calendaring, project coordination, and prioritization.
- Ability to effectively manage workload.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Familiarity with social media or willingness to learn.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times regarding persons and information.
- Knowledge of office etiquette and effective liaison skills.
- Willingness to accept and serve all who come to St. Dunstan’s.
- Minimum 2 years of office experience, including communications and record-keeping, is preferred.