Covenant Agreement of Mutual Expectations for the Rev. Miranda Hassett’s Sabbatical, August – October 2018
The congregation will:
- Sustain their participation in the life of the parish, in worship, ministry, and financial stewardship.
- Engage with the parish renewal project of building intergenerational friendships, whether by participating in special events or simply by looking for fresh opportunities for fellowship, ministry sharing and mutual care within our household of faith.
- Look for the gifts of this season, and be patient when things aren’t the way they usually are.
- Take seriously their role in welcome of visitors and guests, and mutual care for one another. Notify the clergy and wardens of any special needs or changes, in your own household or that of another parish member, that may require special care from the clergy or congregation.
- As always, look for ways the things they are good at and the things they love to do might enrich the common life or ministries of St. Dunstan’s; and affirm other members when they offer their gifts to the church.
Father Jonathan Melton will:
- Preach and preside in liturgy on Sunday mornings.
- Collaborate with lay leaders, Clergy Support Team, volunteers and staff to plan liturgy, check in weekly on parish life, share pastoral responsibilities, and support parish renewal activities.
- Hold weekly office hours open to St. Dunstan’s folk (location and time TBD).
- Rebekah Melton and the Melton kids, Annie, Jude, and baby Thea Mae, will often worship with us as well; and Rebekah plans to convene conversations on child development and worship, and worshiping with young children.
Father John Rasmus and Father Tom McAlpine, as the Clergy Support Team, will:
- Receive requests for pastoral calls/visits and coordinate response.
- Preside at our usual Sunday evening liturgies, twice a month.
- Check in weekly with Office Coordinator and Wardens.
- Deal with any urgent requests to the Rector’s Discretionary Fund (John or Tom).
- Be liaisons to the Finance Committee & Annual Giving Campaign (John), Parish Renewal Planning Team (John), Open Door Project Planning Team (Tom) and Vestry (both).
- Oversee Lay Eucharistic Visitor program (Tom).
- Continue our monthly Inquirers’ Class (Tom).
- Hold weekly office hours (location and time TBD).
- Be available for any pastoral liturgies such as funerals or weddings.
The Wardens, Shirley and Michelle, will:
- Draft Vestry agendas, in consultation with clergy, treasurers, and committee heads, and lead Vestry meetings.
- With the Vestry, continue to oversee the financial and bureaucratic life of the church with attention and skill, mindful of the balance and health of the whole system.
- Listen to the congregation and help address any difficult situations that may arise.
- Promote and support parish renewal events.
The Vestry will:
- Sustain their shared leadership role with faithfulness and a spirit of collaboration, curiosity, and hope.
- With the Wardens, continue to oversee the financial and bureaucratic life of the church with attention and skill, mindful of the balance and health of the whole system.
- With the Wardens, listen to the congregation and help address any difficult situations.
- Support and participate in parish renewal events.